The Center staff always welcomes extra hands to help at events and in the day-to-day management of the collection. We need volunteers to help with CCB special needs and projects, such as:
- Shelving books
- Providing directional reference
- Creating booklists and pathfinders
- Finding books for displays
- Assisting with the cataloging
- Preparing for the annual Book Sale
- One free book for every 5 hours of volunteer time
- A first look at the newest children's and young adult books
- Familiarity with books published for youth from birth through high school
- Experience with every aspect of libraries: cataloging, collection management, reference, and fundraising
If you would like to become a volunteer, please email the CCB at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at (217) 244-9331, or visit us in Room 24 of the GSLIS building.
After the Center for Children's Books physically joined the GSLIS community, an endowment fund was created to support the Center's ongoing and future activities. Those activities include:
- the creation of a children's literature award
- continuing education programs for teachers, librarians, and parents (both on-site and off-campus)
- the expansion of electronic publications and resources
- other local, regional, and national outreach events.
There are two options for donating to the Center Endowment fund. Donations can be made with checks, or online through the University of Illinois Foundation secure site.
If you would like to donate via check, please make the check out to:
University of Illinois Foundation
on the memo line include
Checks can be mailed to:
GSLIS Development Office
501 E. Daniel St.
Champaign, IL 61820
Or you can give online by going to the GSLIS Giving website and choosing Center for Children's Books Outreach Endowment Fund.
The Center for Children's Books sells tote bags with our logo and gryphon mascot!
Price: $10 each
LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE!
Available now in the Center for Children's Books. We regret that we are unable to ship tote bags at this time.
For more information about the tote bags, please contact us at email@example.com or (217) 244-9331.